RULES OF CHOOSING A COMPANY NAME IN HUNGARY
In the case of newly created businesses, the name we give to our business will identify us, our products and services. We summarized the choice of company name legislation:
- the company name must contain the name of the chosen company form (for example, Ltd.), and at least the keyword (The keyword is in the first place in the company name. The keyword promotes the identification of the company.);
- the keyword can be a foreign language term, acronym and mosaic, which should be written in latin character;
- the short name of the company consists of the keyword and the form of the company;
- the company name must be clearly different from the official and public authorities and public administrations;
- names that are in connection with the totalitarian political systems or politicians of the 20th century are completely prohibited;
- the company name may include the name of the business owner or the members of the company;
- the name of the outstanding personality of history can be included in the company name with the permission of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- the name of the company during the registration procedure “under registration” (“b.a.”);
- in other cases: “during bankruptcy” (“cs.a.”), “in liquidation” (“f.a.”), “voluntary liquidation (“v.a.”), “forced cancellation” (“ kt.a.”).